Free Cosplayers of the Rocky Mountains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Movie Problem

4 posters

Go down

Horror Movie Problem Empty Horror Movie Problem

Post by Rip van Winkle Wed May 28, 2008 12:33 pm

It appears that there are no good horror movies out there. Sweeny Todd is great for musical, but a real down and scary movie is almost impossible to find. I think that's a shame.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

https://freecosplayersrocky.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Horror Movie Problem Empty Re: Horror Movie Problem

Post by Capt. Bob Wed May 28, 2008 12:53 pm

What about Gigli? NOTHING is scarier than Bennifer!

But seriously, it all depends on what you like. If we're talking about just Blood and Guts, just go to the Video Store and you will see a crapton of Slasher Flicks hastily thrown together with celluloid and fake entrails. But if you want something recent and GOOD, you're SOL.

Last edited by Capt. Bob on Thu May 29, 2008 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Capt. Bob
Capt. Bob
pocky user

http://www.yougotrickrolled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Wed May 28, 2008 12:57 pm

More psychological horror is my thing, though a good old fashioned vampire film is hard to find. I have Bram Stoker's Dracula, Interview with the Vampire, and Lost Boys (need to replace that one). There is just something wrong with the whole slasher film craze.

I sat through a preview of "Prom" or something and felt like my eyes were going to fall out. To be honest, horror to me is something on the classic sense of the word.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Wed May 28, 2008 1:37 pm

Rip van Winkle wrote:More psychological horror is my thing, though a good old fashioned vampire film is hard to find. I have Bram Stoker's Dracula, Interview with the Vampire, and Lost Boys (need to replace that one). There is just something wrong with the whole slasher film craze.

I sat through a preview of "Prom" or something and felt like my eyes were going to fall out. To be honest, horror to me is something on the classic sense of the word.

Today I feel that there is no good horror movie, the word has lost its meaning. What I mean is movies like Saw where called horror but are more gore then scary, today we now have thriller movies which are the scary movies. Are thrillers are movies like Signs, the Village and Pitch Black movies that keep you on the edge of your seat.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Wed May 28, 2008 1:38 pm

So true, so true, the horror movies of the past are now known as Thrillers.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit Wed May 28, 2008 9:59 pm

That's because all people want is blood and gore. Back in the day, the horror was to let your mind fill in the blanks, barely see the gore, and all in all make you sit on the edge of your seats.
Now a days, they want you to see the blood, what happens and leave nothing to the imagination. The fear back then is now so rare.
As odd as this sounds, has anyone seen the first resident evil? The part in the beginning with the Red Queen goes crazy and starts killing people. The one thing that got me to jump and cover my eyes was the elevator scene. Why? It left your imagination to run wild. What did the people do in the elevator with a decapitated body? Did they drop to their deaths too? Did the poison get them?
For me, it creeped me out because it gave me a few moments to creep myself out.
I've heard the Diary of the Dead is pretty decent. Has anyone seen it yet?

Rabbit
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:33 am

Rabbit wrote:That's because all people want is blood and gore. Back in the day, the horror was to let your mind fill in the blanks, barely see the gore, and all in all make you sit on the edge of your seats.
Now a days, they want you to see the blood, what happens and leave nothing to the imagination. The fear back then is now so rare.
As odd as this sounds, has anyone seen the first resident evil? The part in the beginning with the Red Queen goes crazy and starts killing people. The one thing that got me to jump and cover my eyes was the elevator scene. Why? It left your imagination to run wild. What did the people do in the elevator with a decapitated body? Did they drop to their deaths too? Did the poison get them?
For me, it creeped me out because it gave me a few moments to creep myself out.
I've heard the Diary of the Dead is pretty decent. Has anyone seen it yet?

Never heard of Diary of the Dead, what's it about?
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down