Free Cosplayers of the Rocky Mountains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ren Fest and Cherry Blossom Festival

4 posters

Go down

Ren Fest and Cherry Blossom Festival Empty Ren Fest and Cherry Blossom Festival

Post by Rip van Winkle Wed May 21, 2008 11:10 am

That time of year is coming again, and yes, I will be trying to attend them all. Anyway, does anyone have any dates that they would like to suggest for Ren fest?
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

https://freecosplayersrocky.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Ren Fest and Cherry Blossom Festival Empty Re: Ren Fest and Cherry Blossom Festival

Post by Matareno Thu May 22, 2008 1:12 pm

Rip van Winkle wrote:That time of year is coming again, and yes, I will be trying to attend them all. Anyway, does anyone have any dates that they would like to suggest for Ren fest?

I was thinking the frst day or the pirate weekend. Jennifer want's to go to but needs to know when we are all going so she can get a day off.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Ren Fest and Cherry Blossom Festival Empty Re: Ren Fest and Cherry Blossom Festival

Post by Rip van Winkle Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:19 am

Cherry Blossom Festival this year is going to be on June 28 and June 29th, I am planning only a one day trip. If anyone wants to join in, they are going to have to contact me.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:09 am

I just have one HUGE request about the cherry blossom festival.
If you are going, **DO NOT** go in cosplay, j-rock, or lolita. The Sakura festival is a traditional festival. Either go in street wear, or properly done up kimonos and hakamas. There is no reason to go in cosplay. I don't care what your reason is, I'm tired of hearing the folks there muttering stuff about gai-jins and several other words that make me shocked to hear from them. So please, keep it traditional.

Rabbit
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:11 am

I never go in cosplay. That's one of the things I don't do at the event. Basically I usually don't even wear anime anything to the event, besides I'm hunting for a new obi, someone took mine and never brought it back. Sad

Also the event is more of a cultural thing, I usually go because I like to see the tea ceremony, I will request if you do attend to please be polite. Also please remember we are trying to put on a good face for everyone and cosplay is not a good idea at all.

Though if you are at the Ren. Fest, cosplay is not advised either, IT IS WAY TOO HOT! I am going on the 14th with some friends, if you guys want to join us in Larkspur come on down. Smile
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:47 pm

Rip van Winkle wrote:I never go in cosplay. That's one of the things I don't do at the event. Basically I usually don't even wear anime anything to the event, besides I'm hunting for a new obi, someone took mine and never brought it back. Sad

Also the event is more of a cultural thing, I usually go because I like to see the tea ceremony, I will request if you do attend to please be polite. Also please remember we are trying to put on a good face for everyone and cosplay is not a good idea at all.

Though if you are at the Ren. Fest, cosplay is not advised either, IT IS WAY TOO HOT! I am going on the 14th with some friends, if you guys want to join us in Larkspur come on down. Smile

I've seen some people who cosplay there, last year I saw a really cute Yuffie. I've not cosplayed here either but if anyone was do dress up I'd say go as something like a ninja, samuri or a guy in a suit with glasses. Ok that last one was kinda steriotipical sorry.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:11 am

Actually, i would suggest the kimono and gi type of thing. That is a little more practical for the Cherry Blossom Festival.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:21 am

Here is the homepage for the Cherry Blossom Festival. Anyway like Rabbit said. Don't go there cosplaying, it's disrespectful. Anyway I think there's good reasons and bad reasons to be fascinated by Japan. If you like it's culture, history, and language, that's a good reason. If all you like is anime and video games, that's a bad reason. Anyway I'll try to be there. They have this every year I think but I've never gone. Does it cost any money?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:30 am

Sweet, I am trying to get better pictures of the tea ceremony, the last few pictures I took last year didn't work out so great.

The events are free and open to the public, most of the time it does cost money if you are trying to do some of the crafts, but those are for the kids. Food and stuff isn't free, but most of the live events are free.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosplayer X Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:02 pm

Exodia wrote:Here is the homepage for the Cherry Blossom Festival. Anyway like Rabbit said. Don't go there cosplaying, it's disrespectful. Anyway I think there's good reasons and bad reasons to be fascinated by Japan. If you like it's culture, history, and language, that's a good reason. If all you like is anime and video games, that's a bad reason. Anyway I'll try to be there. They have this every year I think but I've never gone. Does it cost any money?

Like Rip said, most event's are free but others you have to pay for. I don't like spending money, but I'll still come. Its been fun every year for me.
Cosplayer X
Cosplayer X
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosplayer X Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:04 pm

oh one more thing. Here is the link to the Sakura Fest site; http://www.tsdbt.org/cherryblossom/
Cosplayer X
Cosplayer X
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:08 am

Since its getting close to the event, we should set up a meeting place for the group members to gather at. I was thinking at Sakura square, this is the place with the skyscraper and the courtyard out front. This is on the corner of 19th st. and Larimer st. We will be meeting up around 11:30am Hope to see you there.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:54 am

How big is the area? Between Lawrence, Larimer, 19th, and 20th Streets. My parents know where that area is but I've never been there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Fri Jun 27, 2008 6:51 am

I was hoping we would meet at Larimer and 19th, then we walk over to Lawrence. At least that was what I had in mind, but either way works for me.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:09 am

What time are you all showing up? I might arrive at 11:00 AM since that's when it begins.

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Sat Jun 28, 2008 7:59 am

Exodia wrote:What time are you all showing up? I might arrive at 11:00 AM since that's when it begins.

We are planning on meeting up at 11:30am
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:16 pm

This even was successful.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down