Free Cosplayers of the Rocky Mountains
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Da-Shiznet!"

+4
Rip van Winkle
Dodrio
Alice Mizer
Matareno
8 posters

Go down

"Da-Shiznet!" Empty "Da-Shiznet!"

Post by Matareno Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:53 pm

Well since no one is posting here yet I thoght I would. People the unposted topics are not waiting for the mods to post in them, post here tell us what Sh%$ is going on what urks you about cosplayers, what is the worst con you have been to stuff like that. I don't think we could start another Grant. M fourm Cats on Mars got that one, what we need is some juicy Colorado con-dom (no pun intended) to bite into and toss on the charcol grill. Well done please, YUM!
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

"Da-Shiznet!" Empty Re: "Da-Shiznet!"

Post by Alice Mizer Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:50 am

I have but one thing to say, and that is
╔╗
║║
║║
╚╝
╔╗
║║╔═╦╦╦═╗
║╚╣║║║║╩╣
╚═╩═╩═╩═╝
╔══╗
║╔╗║
║╚╝╠══╦╦══╦═╗
║╔╗║╔╗║║║║║╩╣
╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╩╩╩╩═╝

A bit much but what else. Oh don't you just hate it when fat 40 year old men dress as sailor scouts?
Alice Mizer
Alice Mizer
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodrio Wed Apr 30, 2008 6:20 am

Alice Mizer wrote:
A bit much but what else. Oh don't you just hate it when fat 40 year old men dress as sailor scouts?
I'm all for cross dressing and crossplaying but that really freaks me out when I see people like that. I read a book about stuff suggested that you not do when you're over a certain age. "If you're over 30 and look it, don't wear a miniskirt." I think that rule should apply for guys as well. >>;;
Dodrio
Dodrio
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:51 am

Dodrio wrote:
Alice Mizer wrote:
I'm all for cross dressing and crossplaying but that really freaks me out when I see people like that. I read a book about stuff suggested that you not do when you're over a certain age. "If you're over 30 and look it, don't wear a miniskirt." I think that rule should apply for guys as well. >>;;

Dodrio, lol, I would have to agree, though some of my guy friends have crossplayed and one went really well at Star Fest.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

https://freecosplayersrocky.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosplayer X Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:44 pm

Rip van Winkle wrote:
Dodrio wrote:
Alice Mizer wrote:

Dodrio, lol, I would have to agree, though some of my guy friends have crossplayed and one went really well at Star Fest.

Sounds like it was loads of fun. I don't think I saw it myself, but I did hear about it.
Cosplayer X
Cosplayer X
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Squall Thu May 01, 2008 12:02 am

Three words: Deodorant, showering, Lacking.

It's bad enough before a cosplay contest to be crammed into a small room with a billion strangers you don't know, but if even one (and there is usually more) person forgets to shower or use deodorant, everyone suffers. And then they get ticked at me when I spray them with fabreeze! Life is just not fair!

Seriously though, people get mad at me when I let them know they have BO of justice. Not cool; bathe please.

Squall
Peon

Back to top Go down

Post by Dodrio Thu May 01, 2008 5:32 am

Rip van Winkle wrote:
Dodrio wrote:
Alice Mizer wrote:

I'm not saying all guys shouldn't wear skirts. I've seen quite a few guys who pulled off crossplaying in skirts quite well~
It's just annoys me when it's the stereo typical "fat 40 year old men" as Alice said who do it. If a guy looks good in a Sailor Moon costume, then I say go for it, though. xD
Dodrio
Dodrio
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Thu May 01, 2008 12:59 pm

Squall wrote:Three words: Deodorant, showering, Lacking.

It's bad enough before a cosplay contest to be crammed into a small room with a billion strangers you don't know, but if even one (and there is usually more) person forgets to shower or use deodorant, everyone suffers. And then they get ticked at me when I spray them with fabreeze! Life is just not fair!

Seriously though, people get mad at me when I let them know they have BO of justice. Not cool; bathe please.

I know the feeling, my costume generates a lot of heat. I felt like I was going to die back there, I was lucky that my Alucard was at least someone to talk to.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Thu May 01, 2008 2:56 pm

Rip van Winkle wrote:

I know the feeling, my costume generates a lot of heat. I felt like I was going to die back there, I was lucky that my Alucard was at least someone to talk to.

Indeed yes, I sometimes cook in my Alucard costume, but I know I will cook in my power armor. Its strange though, the other day was whearing my black hoody in 70F + weather and was not hot. Someone asked me if I was cold, I replyed back. "Yah, its FREEZing up here." Smiled and walked away. Gotta love Lil' Nicky.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosplayer X Sun May 11, 2008 6:47 am

Matareno wrote:
Rip van Winkle wrote:

Indeed yes, I sometimes cook in my Alucard costume, but I know I will cook in my power armor. Its strange though, the other day was whearing my black hoody in 70F + weather and was not hot. Someone asked me if I was cold, I replyed back. "Yah, its FREEZing up here." Smiled and walked away. Gotta love Lil' Nicky.

I love Lil' Nicky, Adam Sladler rules
Cosplayer X
Cosplayer X
pocky user

Back to top Go down

"Da-Shiznet!" Empty Current Denver Fur-con report

Post by Matareno Sun May 25, 2008 2:55 am

I'm at Fur-con right now, not much has happend since the parade on the 16st. Mall, that was fun by the way. I'm dressed as Van Pelt from Jumanji everyone has loved it so far, someone thought that I was Dr. Livington I guess because I don't have my guns (can't have them here). I have art being done in the dealers room as of now, and I have gone all the way to the 37th floor of the hotel, this is the highest tower I have been in and the highest hotel I have been in unless the Sratosphere is higher? I will have a better report later right now I have to find a vending mechene.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Sun May 25, 2008 12:22 pm

Matareno wrote:I'm at Fur-con right now, not much has happend since the parade on the 16st. Mall, that was fun by the way. I'm dressed as Van Pelt from Jumanji everyone has loved it so far, someone thought that I was Dr. Livington I guess because I don't have my guns (can't have them here). I have art being done in the dealers room as of now, and I have gone all the way to the 37th floor of the hotel, this is the highest tower I have been in and the highest hotel I have been in unless the Sratosphere is higher? I will have a better report later right now I have to find a vending mechene.

I'm back from the con, it was fun as time passed at the con. Later in the day Rip and I met this Mets fan at the bar, I was at the bar because I could get $2 Gunness I have never seen it that cheap, anywhere. He wanted to know more about furrys so he came with us and we showed him around the con with are friend Riley, I always like introduceing newbies to anime, sci-if and furry. I wasn't able to stay untill night which I wanted to, to get a night pic on the 37th floor maybe I can next year, or at Denvention.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Capt. Bob Sun May 25, 2008 10:26 pm

Agreed. Almost every con I go to, there's some dumbass who does not know the virtues of hygiene. Ever heard that song "Thriller"? Well there's this line about "the funk of 40,000 years", that's the smell of a fat Otaku slob that don't bathe.
Capt. Bob
Capt. Bob
pocky user

http://www.yougotrickrolled.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Mon May 26, 2008 9:13 am

Capt. Bob wrote:

Agreed. Almost every con I go to, there's some dumbass who does not know the virtues of hygiene. Ever heard that song "Thriller"? Well there's this line about "the funk of 40,000 years", that's the smell of a fat Otaku slob that don't bathe.

Not entirely, there are some who do bathe and no matter how well will still smell bad, I don't entirely blame them for the state of affairs, I blame their costumes sometimes. Remember some costumes have to be dry cleaned or hand washed. Remember, there are some explianations that are easily explained away.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rabbit Mon May 26, 2008 11:22 am

explained? Yes. Excused? No.
You can wash something after wearing it for the weekend and then hang it up in the closet. It won't let them scent stick into the clothing. Also, bringing body spray for the weekend is a brilliant idea for those, just in case moments.

Rabbit
pocky user

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Mon May 26, 2008 12:59 pm

That's what I do, usually Bath and Body Works has an excellent collection of body sprays. Though I have one suggestion for the males, no matter how you think it may appeal to some girls, some versions of AX or whatever act like a girl repellant, it just doesn't work. Try something else that doesn't well, stink.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Tue May 27, 2008 12:38 pm

Rip van Winkle wrote:That's what I do, usually Bath and Body Works has an excellent collection of body sprays. Though I have one suggestion for the males, no matter how you think it may appeal to some girls, some versions of AX or whatever act like a girl repellant, it just doesn't work. Try something else that doesn't well, stink.

Stink like that ass... I mean AXe crap?
They should try Old Spice.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Wed May 28, 2008 12:59 pm

Somehow that can be lost on some people. I would have to say, it would take more than Old Spice for some.

I wish someone would institute agian the Fabreeze.
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matareno Wed May 28, 2008 1:33 pm

Rip van Winkle wrote:Somehow that can be lost on some people. I would have to say, it would take more than Old Spice for some.

Fabreeze, I remember that. And there was Fly Swatter Girl how would throw soaps at people.
Matareno
Matareno
Sword Swallower

Back to top Go down

Post by Rip van Winkle Wed May 28, 2008 1:34 pm

Matareno wrote:
Rip van Winkle wrote:Somehow that can be lost on some people. I would have to say, it would take more than Old Spice for some.

Fabreeze, I remember that. And there was Fly Swatter Girl how would throw soaps at people.

The good old Fly Swatter Girl how fuunny was that?
Rip van Winkle
Rip van Winkle
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Cosplayer X Wed May 28, 2008 1:57 pm

Haha, I remember that one.
Cosplayer X
Cosplayer X
pocky user

Back to top Go down